Sunday 15 July 2012

Trip to iExperience, iDA.

Through this blog post, I will story it like a time line which will let you have the feel of how the outing was and understands what I have learnt. Come, let's follow me and start the tour! :D

Firstly, lets start with introducing. This is a picture of me and my group mates in front of the iExperience location. The place is interesting though it is placed in a public mall where a lot of people walked pass it. (From left, Mitzi, me, Rostina, Shi Jia and Ting Ting).


Once we reached, this enormous screen caught our attention. We took a lot of pictures as there's a camera screening us on the screen and we all think it is cool! Being amazed ourselves, passer-by were impressed too since it is such a huge thing in a mall that some stopped to look at us taking picture. It was a new experience for me since I have not seen something like this.


Another thing that caught my eyes is these obsolete gadgets that are no longer used in this century of the modern world! This is a picture of an old and classic computer that was designed in the olden days before advanced computers and laptops were born. 

NEC microcomputer, 1983.

Followed by this very ancient telephone extension switchboard! I never know that telephones were this big during the olden days! It really surprised me as compared to now it has a very big drastic difference and though we can't connect to the other we can even leave a message or record our message too. This gadget was needed operators to assist in setting up the calls too which is different with now too.

Direct Extension Switchboard, mid 20th Century.

I am sure many are aware of this antique telephone and were still in used in some homes even though it is tedious to dial the numbers, because of its uniqueness of the design. This phone is something that can still be found these days in more ranges of designs too. 

Wall Mount Rotary Dial Phone, 1990s.


After roaming around the exhibits, the educator thought us about the different advance gadgets there that are useful and easy access for future. Like smart TVs that can be used to pull down blindfolds, switching on a lamp, and also watch videos from the net through the television by just using one remote control! It really surprised me by how modern and well-developed the technology these days. 

This is one of the technologies there, it is a machine that already been used in Korea in their shopping malls when I don't even know it existed. This is one of the cool gadgets I think but the next two gadgets would be the ones that are the best and interesting to me.


This is the interactive table that I find very interesting to me as I am sure learning will not be as boring! The educator thought us of how to use it and we can even do our projects together and not troubling ourselves to share laptops with a small screen. With this interactive table, sharing of screen, doing work together can be very efficient and fast when everybody can do things together!


There are games too! Who doesn't love game right? We played around with the table and played jigsaw puzzle together with my classmates. We enjoyed it too and again, I didn't know this thing existed. There is a lot that I learnt from this trip and really think it is beneficial and made me aware of the future techs.


Another cool and interesting gadget we explored and saw at the exhibition was this shop scanner thing! We no longer need to go around the supermarket and look for the thing but to just scan it using our phone for the things we need. With that, it's possible to make the payment via phone too and the items will arrive to our house. I think this is very interesting as its less time and energy consuming, plus better for busy people too. 


That was the last exhibit that was shown to us and I think it is very nice trip. We even took a photo with some of the gadgets and they edited for us on the spot! They used the SMRT bus and edit our picture on it as a class. Souvenir was given too! We were given the Internet cable below this picture (:


Internet cable as souvenirs. :)

Overall, I think this trip is very fun and short. Of course I rather go on trips like this than sitting in class going through lessons. Through this trip too we have learnt a lot of things about the advance technologies used currently and going to be use in the future and I find it more efficient than not paying attention in class. They are efficient as we have more hands-on activities like trying out the gadgets, playing around with it and understands how it works. We get to see the real gadgets rather than just listening to the theories without experiencing it ourselves, thus, being a very effective and efficient learning journey.

About the Internet ethics that was covered in the slides, it has mentioned about blogging ethics where you create a blog when you need one. Similarly like what I am doing, which it is for school and I provide the correct spelling and grammar, not having inappropriate words. All of my post are originally from myself and the animated pictures were the ones I edited too so I guess there is not issue on plagiarism as I am aware it is important to cite as it is a major crime for plagiarism. 

And as for applying the ethical issues to the exhibits there, I think "Internet Discussion Forum" would have the link here as there were two computers that in future, were used to discuss with teachers in class. The teacher were able to control what the students were doing in class if they're not paying attention. If the lecturer that were careless and accidentally passed out wrong notes or files to the students like personal files or something can cause harm to them too as students can spread out rumours fast and this will bring harm to the lecturer. This is under the "Internet Discussion Forum" ethics as 

The exhibit is also mainly about Internet connections that is much advance where they can connect everybody and to be closer with each other. This really implies on the Internet Discussion Forum of the ethical issues as there may be increase number of problems of humans behaviours of spreading rumours, socially aggressive, harassment, surveillance and more.

Lastly, a nice complete photo together! Miss Faridah!
All of us attend this exhibit! Hehehe :D


No comments:

Post a Comment